It happens to everyone, grey hairs start popping up; You see a few in the mirror and probably pluck them out, but then within a month or less, you find more and it seems like those gray hairs you pulled came back and brought friends!
So you begin to wonder, what are my options for Gray Coverage? Let's dive in:
1. Leave them and Lean in, knowing they are a Crown of Glory and a sign of Wisdom.
2. Balayage some lightness around your face and throughout to BLEND the gray. OR use a demi-permanent color to blend out gray. Grows out much better than permanent.
Maintenance: Glazing or pulling up the blonde as it grows out potentially quarterly or every 10+ weeks.
*This will only BLEND the gray, it will NOT COVER it up.
3. Root Touch Up with PERMANENT color totally covering the gray.
Maintenance: Every 5 to 6 weeks as they grow in. *Covering with permanent color could have a line as your new growth comes in.
4. Root Touch Up with PERMANENT color and Balayage for a soft grow out; covering your old gray and blending it with some lightness throughout so the grow out is softer.
Maintenance: Every 8+ weeks. You could switch off doing balayage only every so often and then just covering for gray as it comes in depending on your budget.
5. Lean in Completely and go MUCH lighter to match the gray and get ahead of it knowing that over time you will be turning more gray.
Maintenance: Root Touch Up and/or tone every 6+ weeks.
So, there you have it. Some options to let you know where to go with your gray! Happy Coloring!